Monday, February 19, 2007

Battlestar

I have been slowly tiptoeing toward coming back to BSG, as someone clued me in that the "parent's worst nightmare" storylines might have come to a point of resolution where I could go back to watching the show.

So I've been turning it on while I am mostly concentrated on doing something else for the past two weeks, and decided to just watch this last episode.

Imagine my (spoilers)







initial regret when I saw that poor little baby (who is growing at the rate of a snail...is it really that recent that they were all on New Caprica? that baby is no more than five or six months old!) might be orphaned.

I stuck through until the end, to the happy resolution, and I felt better.

(But I might now be one of those crazy parents who insists, if we ever take a plane flight without the B, that the mister and I take separate planes so we won't be together on a crashed flight to leave her alone.)

(And yes, I know that driving in a car together without her presents more danger, statistically speaking. Try telling that to my subconscious.)

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Galactica is like a Shakespearean tragedy. If there's a family, it's going to be broken up. If there's a marriage, it's not happy. If there's a love affair, it's star-crossed and ill-fated. It's not a show where people struggle and good things happen. It's a show where people struggle and bad things happen.

When you're raising a child, it's hard to shift gears between kids' programming and Schindler's List. I don't like depressing movies anyway (Dan Burns, upon seeing my Top 100, said, "Lots of comedies.") and I liked them less when my son was small.

You shouldn't be struggling to watch this show. Watch Veronica Mars, or Boston Legal, or How I Met Your Mother. If you have to tiptoe back, stay away.

IMHO and stuff.