Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Apparently She Had a Secret

So, as you may have read elsewhere, we ventured out to a St. Louis Blues game with the B last night. She did really well. Even on the walk to the arena she was excited at being out around so many people.

As there was also a big Mardi Gras party going on downtown (but not really along our path) we ran into some people heading back to their cars, festooned with beads and funny hats. One of the guys we passed handed us a few strings of beads for the B, which she happily played with until she'd managed to throw all of them on the floor in the Savvis Center. I made a rule that once something touched the ground she couldn't have it back until it got washed. Who knows what goes on those floors?

We finally saw a cotton candy vendor during the second period and I got my treat, which I had to attempt to share with the baby several times before she indulged. I'm not sure she identified it as food, which proves that she's smarter than I am.

In a moment of technogeekery, I took a few pics and posted them to Flickr via my camera's mail function. I was amused to see that I'd managed to do it correctly when I got home and pulled up my photostream. Wish I'd had our better camera, as she was in a great mood at the arena and many smiley pictures could have been snapped, but I didn't feel like trying to negotiate security with a baby, a diaper bag, and a camera. The camera obviously is the one of those three that loses out.

Oh, and I hear they played some hockey down on the ice, too. I saw a little of the game, but the entertainment up in the stands was a little more interesting to me.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Uh, oh! She likes crowds! Party animal in the making!