Friday, May 11, 2007

She's Feeling Better


At long last, after more problems and uncomfortable nights than I would care to relate in this space, the B seems to be doing better. She's more herself, she has more energy, she isn't wheezing at all, and she isn't coughing or nearly as much.

In fact, she's even invented a new game. She kept coming into the living room to pick out something, then she'd pad around the corner to the gate that keeps her away from the stairs and stay there for a minute or two, and then come back and repeat the whole thing.

After the third time, I had to go and see what she was up to. I thought she was probably pushing them under the gate (or trying to), because I couldn't hear them dropping to the ground (as they would if she was dumping them over the top).

The game, as you can see from this picture, was actually to very carefully balance each toy on the top edge of the gate. She must have been really careful indeed, because I was listening to what she was doing when she disappeared and I didn't hear anything drop. If you can see it in the picture, the toys are wider than the gate, so she actually had to balance them.

She was pretty happy with this new game. Thank goodness she's doing better.

2 comments:

thisismarcus said...

What a relief - I'm not a parent or even a husband but I can imagine the stress! Is it me or is she looking more like Tom as she grows up?

Kathy said...

The stress was at its worst when people were saying "Emergency Room" to me over the telephone when I called the nurse line. Once we got past that, each improvement was a relief.

Thank you, though, for the well wishes. I'm so relieved I can't possibly describe it.

And on the resemblance front, I think it's fundamentally unfair that I carried her around, worried about what I was eating, getting ill, sleeping fitfully and propped on pillows for the last few months, and then had the baby only to have her look freakin' exactly like her *dad*.

People commented on the similarities right away, but every day she seems to look more like him. She does have my mouth, though, both in shape and volume. I suppose I'll take my solace from that.