Friday, June 27, 2008

Songs I Wish Were In Rock Band

Now, please keep in mind that I don't listen to a lot of rock music. This list is going to be heavily weighted to the paltry number of groups that I enjoy, but here goes.

(No whining that the songs would be "too hard" to sing. Not everything should be able to be sung and five starred by everyone on Hard or Expert. Singing is hard, dammit, and a few of the songs in the game should be for the Big Kids who can do them.)

First, let's get the Queen out of the way. That there is a game called "Rock Band" that DOESN'T have a Queen song in it is pure madness. Here's my wish list for Queen songs for Rock Band. (Thank you, Wikipedia, for the handy list to jog my memory.)
  1. Another One Bites the Dust (c'mon, EVERYONE would fight to play bass on this)
  2. Bicycle Race (for the WIN)
  3. Bohemian Rhapsody (stop laughing, everyone loves to sing along to this, and the keyboard solos on a song already in the game...you all know the one I mean, BOSTON...are at least as long)
  4. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  5. Don't Stop Me Now
  6. Fat Bottomed Girls (a two pack with Bicycle Race!!)
  7. Flash (if only for the comedy value, and yes, this one's a bit of a joke and I don't really want it)
  8. Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy (how anyone ever listened to this and didn't suss out that Freddie was gay is BEYOND ME)
  9. I Want to Break Free
  10. One Vision (thrown in here for my husband)
  11. Play the Game
  12. Save Me
  13. Stone Cold Crazy
  14. The Miracle
  15. These are the Days of our Lives
  16. Tie Your Mother Down
  17. Under Pressure
  18. We Are the Champions/We Will Rock You (two-pack!)
  19. Who Wants to Live Forever
  20. You're My Best Friend
Okay, I forgot two songs originally, but I just added 'em. Anyone who gets this on a feed reader can see the edit. For everyone else, I'm not tellin'.

Styx songs:
  1. Too Much Time on My Hands
  2. Don't Let it End
  3. Heavy Metal Poisoning
  4. (Heck, I'd be pro-"Mr. Roboto", but I don't think many people are with me on that.)
  5. Why Me
Other Blondie songs:
  1. Heart of Glass
  2. One Way or Another
  3. Rapture (if I have to rap through Sabotage, you bastards have to rap with Blondie)
  4. The Tide is High
Misc:
  1. I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones (hey, we've got Blitzkrieg Bop already, right?)
  2. One Week - Barenaked Ladies (heck, ANYTHING by BNL would be okay by me)
So, what else do we want?

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Queen, Blondie, of course, all good and any more would be welcome. I'd like Blue Collar Man too (any Styx song NOT by Dennis).